Sunday, January 19, 2014

What my Moleskine has taught me.

     It's absolutely no secret that I'm obsessed with school supplies. I'm pretty sure I have twice as many Five Star notebooks as I do classes (and I swear I'll use them all...eventually). There's nothing better than spiral-bound and college-ruled for taking notes and nothing better than pretty lined stationary for general lists.

     That being said, when it comes to having a conversation with your soul, there's nothing better than a Moleskine


    In the middle of last semester, I was walking through Target and I picked up a 2 pack of these on a whim. I told myself that I was going to invest in a nice journal and write in it consistently (despite my flaky journaling history). I got home, applied some glitter tape to personalize it, and I've stayed fairly consistent since.
     
     I try to write at least a few times a week, and it's amazing the things that are revealed to me through putting pen to paper. I think there is something beautifully classic about taking time to physically write, especially in our generation. No amount of typing could every take the place of the soothing feeling of writing everything out, and there's also something very raw about not being able to go back and edit things out.

     As someone who isn't fond of acknowledging my feelings, I've learned the importance of taking a few minutes each day to be introspective, and how much better it can make you feel.Writing down the good right along with the bad helps to put things in perspective by reminding me that things aren't so bad after all. 

     That's definitely worth the price of a high quality notebook for me. 
     (also, I think something about a Moleskine just says "classy"..you can't beat that!)

Do you like to write things down?

-best,
    Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...