Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Few of my Favorite Things (After Christmas Edition!)

     Although I still love the holiday season (and will never get tired of watching Elf every year), I think it's interesting how Christmas has changed for me over the years. As a child it was a season of wonder, surprises, and the ever-mysterious Santa Claus. Now that I'm older, I tend to know about the presents that I'm getting or my family lets me pick them myself (they know I'm picky), and I'd rather watch the delight on my cousins' face as they tear through their own pile of presents. However, I did get some really fantastic gifts this year that I've had my eye on for awhile!

-First is the Fossil Weekender Tote. I put this on my list to use for school in lieu of a backpack, and it is even more perfect than it looked online (I'm pretty sure I squealed when I opened it. Bag love at first sight!). I had been in the market for a good school tote for awhile, and although Fossil is one of my favorite companies they just did not have anything that struck my fancy. I almost went with a Longchamp (I do still have my eye on one of those for the future!) but they reissued this bag right before the Christmas season and I fell in love. It has one big pocket that's structured perfectly for a laptop and a few books, it has several open pockets and a zipper pocket in the liner, and it has a little flap with a turn lock to keep everything in. Although classes don't start for a few more days, I've been using it to carry my laptop and my current reading to Panera, friends' houses, etc. A nice plus is that even if I don't wear perfume, I still have the wonderful scent of Fossil leather! (haha...but really though)

-Second is the Teavana Perfectea Tea Maker. I have drank bagged tea like crazy for awhile now, but my roommate is an even bigger tea lover and showed me just how great loose leaf tea is. I was really overwhelmed at the thought of it at first, just because Teavana has such a large selection of teas and I get overwhelmed easily. I ended up with the Maharaja Chai Oolong and Samurai Chai Mate, which are both fantastic on their own or as a blend. The tea maker really couldn't be any more straightforward, and it even fits onto my Tervis tumbler which is one of the best tumblers you can buy. I've used this tea maker almost every day since I got it, so at $20 it would have definitely been worth the money had I bought it myself.

-Lastly, the Patagonia Re-Tool Snap-T Pullover. I have been wearing this thing like crazy since Christmas...there's even a chance I'm wearing it right now. I love the quality and durability of Patagonia items and this sweatshirt is no exception. It's perfect as a standalone layer when the weather is colder than 60 degrees out, and I could easily put a light layer under it for those below 30 days (what can I say, Tennessee weather isn't bad!). When I talk to my friends about it I tell them that it's literally the equivalent of putting on a blanket and that's no exaggeration. As far as comfy goes, it's one of the comfiest things I own. It can be dressed up with skinny jeans and boots, dressed down with leggings, or kept in the outdoorsy family with my favorite prAna cord pant, and any way I wear it I'm perfectly content with the look and feel of it!

What are some of your favorite gifts?

-best, xo.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder who got you those favorite things... He/she must be an awesome person. ;p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...