Monday, January 13, 2014

Be afraid.

     There are many things that I have to force myself to do. I am both an anxious introvert and an adventure seeker. That being said, some of my fondest memories and favorite things are ones that have absolutely terrified me. I was terrified to go to Bonnaroo, I had the time of my life. I was terrified to minor in German, it's my favorite class. I'm still terrified every time Joshua takes me flying, but it's always a blast. This semester is terrifying to me because I'm in difficult classes, but I'm loving it already. Just the thought of going to Physical Therapy school is enough to give me a panic attack, but that's my main goal.

    I'm a homebody. I'm scared of strangers. I like to be drinking chamomile tea in my bed by 11 o'clock. But sometimes the need to experience new, exciting, once-in-a-lifetime things is bigger than all of that, and I follow my wanderlust wherever it leads (it's usually easier if I don't think about it beforehand).

     If I always played things safe, if I never stepped outside of my "normal" to see what else there is, I would not do very many things at all.

     Sometimes it's worth it to be scared.

Do you push yourself to do things that are intimidating?

-best,
    Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...