Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Do something for you

 

      This semester I've decided to do something way different than before: waking up a little bit earlier than necessary. My 16 year old self would have thought I was crazy, but it has been so refreshing. It gives me the time to get ready slowly, go through a few possible outfits without being rushed, and even do my hair if I want to (even though I rarely do), and I still have time to spare.
   
     I'm used to everything I do being for school, for my future, for my professors, and I don't allow myself a lot of down time. I suppose I could use this time to get a jump on homework or note organizing, and some mornings I might, but having a little bit of extra space in my day that's just 'free' for whatever needs to be put there is a nice change. I have time each day where I can wake up slowly, drink my coffee, and have a little time set aside for whatever I'd like (even blog writing!). It makes me feel more prepared for the day ahead.

     Although I'm sure there will be plenty of mornings where I use the snooze button multiple times (I'm still in the 'honeymoon' phase of the semester, where going to class isn't an inconvenience) I think that making this small effort will make me happier and more productive overall.

Does waking up early make your days seem better?

-best,
    Amanda, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...