Friday, January 24, 2014

Put Out Good


     I ran across this quote via Pinterest, and even with my general soft spot for inspiring quotes this one really stuck out. I've always believed in "you get what you give" but this is a philosophy that takes it to a whole new level.

     It seems as though it's human nature to have bad circumstances stand out over good ones. Even the most positive people I know are guilty of this in some regard. Although I would describe myself altogether as an extremely happy person, I too have to make a conscious effort to spread good vibes and therefore conscious effort not to spread negative ones. It's an unfortunate truth, but it's just somehow easier to be unhappy.

     That being said, when things are good, things are good. You make a conscious effort to be the happiest you can be, and it seems like the world becomes a generally better place. I've always felt that good energy attracts good energy. If that's the case, and good energy requires much more effort, then it would make sense for it to return to you even stronger. If it's more "natural" to be negative, requires work to be positive, and hard work pays off, then of course the good is coming back tenfold! The little things that happen might just be from the little good things; the really great days, perfect moments, and fantastic feelings are from making a conscious effort to spread good vibes and letting that effect the way you live.

     So I absolutely still believe that you get what you give, but I think it's important to consider how much more giving good will pay off. It may be "easier" to be unhappy, but it's more fulfilling, healthier, and overall better to be a source of positivity and love. As they say at Bonnaroo, "Radiate Positivity"!

Do good vibes make good things happen?

-best,
    Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...