Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fresh Perspective

     

   After walking around campus in freezing temperatures, almost falling on ice a few times, and being completely overwhelmed with my day I definitely needed a pick-me-up, so I asked Joshua if we could splurge a little bit and grab some dinner out. Tupelo Honey is one of my favorite feel-good places, with good food and good atmosphere. I think it’s sometimes the little things like a familiar place or a rare indulgence (or both!) that remind you that a bad day isn’t really that bad after all.

     If there's one thing I've learned in the past few years it's that bad energy attracts bad energy. The more negatively I'm feeling the more negative even the smallest things start to seem. I've also learned that stepping away from the homework, temporarily ignoring the to-do list, and getting something yummy to eat does wonders for my mental health! I still struggle with this, but sometimes it's okay to put off what you have to get done and instead do something completely different. It might seem counterproductive at first but I've found that it makes getting things accomplished much easier in the long run. Productivity and positivity go hand in hand for me, and since I started college I've had to struggle with balancing them. The older I get, the more I see that life really is about the simple things, and the bad things should never get in the way of that.


What do you do to stay positive and productive?

-best,
    Amanda, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...