Monday, January 6, 2014

First day flurries...



     ...both literally and figuratively! The high here in Chattanooga was 18 degrees, which I believe is one of the coldest days we've ever had. I was already stressed about my first day and picking out an outfit, but it also had to be something I could put some serious layers over (see left. I added my heavy coat, gloves, a hat, and a scarf!). The cold zapped my, and probably everyone else's, desire to be social today, so campus was eerily quiet as everyone was heading to their first classes.
 
     The first day of the semester is always so overwhelming for me. Having to modify my studying and note taking habits to each new class is always hard, because I want to do things the most efficient way. Sometimes it's difficult to be an old fashioned pen-and-paper kind of gal, because by the time you add in text books, computer, notebooks, and a pencil pouch you don't have much room for anything else. I also highly dislike binders (one of my weird quirks), so I can't just throw everything for each class in one place.

     Having a month for Christmas break really makes me feel like I'm out of practice for this student thing. I even lost the little callous on my middle finger from the way I hold my pens! In a week or two I'll get back in the groove of things, transition phases are just a struggle for me. (#typeAprobs?)

Does anyone else have a hard time going back to school (especially when it's so cold)?

-best,
    Amanda, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...