Friday, January 3, 2014

Comfort Zones.

     As Christmas break is drawing to a close, I have become a ball of nervous energy due to the thought of the Spring 2014 semester beginning on Monday. Christmas break has spoiled me; after almost an entire month of not doing my own laundry or having to plan my own meals, I have mixed emotions about moving back into the dorms tomorrow (the fact that I have to take Calculus doesn't help either). Leaving for the Fall semester was easy, because although I was nervous about what to expect I was overwhelmed with the excitement of new opportunities. I am still excited to go back, and I love my university very much, but I have relearned how nice it is to be at home and have thus settled into my comfort zone. With so much to see and experience in the world, I think one of the best things a person can do is push their limits - it's just sometimes easier said than done!

     I am sure this semester will have plenty of new experiences just as last semester did, so I'm trying to make this Pinterest-find my mantra to remember when I get nervous:


(and Calculus is way out of my comfort zone, so maybe this will be helpful when I get overwhelmed in that class too!)

Are the Spring semester jitters normal?

best, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...