Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mean Mug

     Chattanooga is such a wonderful city to live in, especially if you're a coffee fan. With a university, a thriving art district, and several up-and-coming neighborhoods throughout downtown, the city has it's fair share of small, locally owned places. I've always been a sucker for the coffee-shop vibe and a good macchiato so I decided (just this morning actually!) to make a list of all the ones around campus and give them all a try! The first three on this list I've already visited a couple of times, but I couldn't bear to make it inaccurate.


     So Joshua called me up to have a lunch date before his shift at work, and despite having a ton of stuff to do, what reasonable girl will say no to a surprise lunch date? Certainly not this one. We decided to try out Mean Mug, which is in the redone-ish South Side (right next to Enzo's), and has rave reviews both for it's coffee and food. 


     Not only did they have great, inexpensive food and coffee, but it just had good vibes about it. After a particularly roller-coaster week this was a great way to decompress (and procrastinate a little longer on studying..."oops"). For me, sitting and talking over coffee is one of the best ways to de-stress and get a fresh perspective. Even if I did lose some productivity time, I'm definitely refreshed and ready to tackle my to do list now.

Do you have favorite local places?

-best,
    Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...